Full Exterior Restoration
Built in 1888 at a cost of $60,000, the multi-story building was used for everything from a hotel to a shoe store before sitting dormant for nearly three decades. The building was purchased in November of 2006 and was asked to be renovated into a twenty-two condominium complex.
To raise awareness of the project and the prospect of condo sales, the development company decided to use a helicopter instead of a more traditional crane to remove the elevator shaft and it’s contents.
Glass & Concrete Contracting was contracted to restore the entire exterior of the landmark building. Restoration included window header reconstruction; tuckpointing and brick profiling; fabrication and installation of custom EIFS window sills and lintel shelves; masonry cleaning and elastomeric coatings; and the removal of the elevator car, shaft, and mechanics.